Tuesday, September 15, 2009

365 Card Challenge - Shape Up

The shape for today is hexagon. Which means the focal point on the card should be in the shape of an hexagon. I used the same shape for a card I did for Friday Sketchers challenge.

I struggle with what to do with this one. I ended up doing an hexagon shape and flood filling it with a blue gradient to help give it a feel of substance. Using a snowflake brush tip I painted a white snowflake on a new layer and applied it as an overlay. The snowflake looked as though it was attached to the blue hexagon shape...just what I was going for. I applied a white organza ribbon and bow...of which the edges are blue and green. Then I applied a font entitled snowdrift. Perfect! Challenge met...my card is done.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger June Houck said...

Hi, Jaggs! Brilliant idea to put a snowflake in the hexagon. Your sentiment looks wonderful with the snow on it :)

September 15, 2009 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Carolyn V said...

Aha! A snowflake! How clever you are!

September 15, 2009 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger ~amy~ said...

great christmas card!!!

September 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I do hope you enjoyed your stroll. All comments are welcome and truly appreciated.

Jaggs

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home