Saturday, September 12, 2009

365 Card Challenge - Just a Touch

Today's challenge for 365 Cards is about adding just a touch of color to a black and white image.

The image I choose is of a single perfect rose. I had wanted to use the image before, and I had always colored it completely in and it just did not look right so I did not use it. Now I see why. The image only called for just a touch of color...and it looks great.

As my background for the card I created a wide weave pink fabric in PSP and layered it over black. For the rose I created an organza fabric in white to layer it onto. That was my focal point. I created a ribbon to match the white fabric and put my sentiment on it. Challenge met, card is done.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelia said...

Girl, you need to teach classes in college on this stuff. you are magnificient. Beautiful

September 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Carolyn V said...

Wow. That seems like it might be more work than a paper card!

September 12, 2009 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Very pretty card. I love that bit of pink-it makes a big impact for a small amount of color.
Chrissy

September 12, 2009 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger TesaB said...

Your card is so elegant, really awesome rose! Gorgeous background too!

September 12, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I do hope you enjoyed your stroll. All comments are welcome and truly appreciated.

Jaggs

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home