Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Simon Says...Red and Green

With Christmas approaching really fast these are a perfect color combo for this challenge. I have chosen to make but another Christmas Greeting Card. By the time the holiday does roll around I will have plenty to chose from.

The image on my card is from a coloring book page and with the help of PSP and some plug-ins I colored it in and added a few other touches. I removed the white background from the coloring page using a plug-in and that really made a difference. I then layered the image on a red and green plaid background. It looked okay but I thought the image was too small. I selected a square portion surrounding the image and cropped the whole thing to it. Now I have a square, the image and some of the background. I set that a side while I made another card and flood filled it with the plaid. I took the image and background that I cropped and applied it to the card. Much better. Card is looking great but it still needs that kick to send it over the top. My gold corners! I added the gold corners and that did the trick! Challenge met my card is done!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine A said...

Oh wow jags ,, I read how you made this and you speak a different language :-) I have no idea what you did but it was fabulous ! :-) Lovely card ! :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

Luv
Lols x

September 30, 2009 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful creation!! I love the corners!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

September 30, 2009 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

October 2, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I do hope you enjoyed your stroll. All comments are welcome and truly appreciated.

Jaggs

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home