Monday, September 7, 2009

365 Card Challenge - Musical Monday

For today's challenge the song Chantilly Lace, by The Big Bopper was to inspire you. When I heard the song, first thought that came to mind was the malt shoppe that was inside a drug store that we use to go to back in the day. Back then fun was simpler and the music was great.

I went on the net looking for an image of a malt shoppe. There were plenty. The one I like the most was the one with Betty Boop. After a few adjustments I made it work. I applied the the image as a label on the record I made in PSP. The word lace kept creeping in my thoughts so I knew I had to use it somewhere. I used a lace brush to apply the lace. I also used a music note brush to give the card added detail. Then I wanted to apply my sentiment on the label in a curve. I have not done this before using this version of PSP so once again I am learning something new. Card is done and we are ready to swing.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger ~amy~ said...

Such a fun take on the challenge...Betty Boop!

September 7, 2009 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Carolyn V said...

FUN! My friend Betty would LOVE this one! (I call her Ms. Boop)

September 7, 2009 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Shelia said...

How much better can you get then this.

September 7, 2009 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Jaggs said...

Hi Shelia,

When I first started doing the challenges about 3 wks ago the only thing I knew about PSP was the select tool and flood fill even though I have had it on my computer since version 3. I am now using version 12. Everything that I have learned since is hit and miss and using the tuts that are freely available on the net. I use PSP just to keep from getting head-aches trying to use PS even though I do have it as well. It was given to me as a gift.

September 7, 2009 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Gloria Stengel said...

Very cute. That lace turned out AWESOME! Betty is mighty cute too!

September 7, 2009 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Great card!

September 7, 2009 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Chrissie said...

Great card Jaggs!
Chrissie

September 8, 2009 at 2:03 AM  
Blogger Tutu Crafts said...

Oh my goodness! Betty Boop, how perfect! I love the mix of masculine and feminine with the checkerboard pattern and lace trim!

September 10, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I do hope you enjoyed your stroll. All comments are welcome and truly appreciated.

Jaggs

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home